Introducing Marissa V

Posted Thursday, April 05, 2012


Today We Introduce You To Marissa of Marissa V

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
I started my company, from marissa v., in London in 2005, because I wanted to start my own business, and my hobby was making clothing. Initially it was just women's apparel. I had my own online shop as well as selling to stores. After I moved back to the US in 2008, and had my first daughter, I added a baby line. I subsequently found out about Etsy and created my Etsy shop. My Etsy sales soon surpassed my personal website sales so I closed my online shop. It's great that you don't have to pay a monthly fee on Etsy!

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
My company's full name is 'from marissa v.' It's a bit awkward to say and write! But I wanted a sort of personal feel to the name - from marissa v. to you.

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
I like looking at the weird, intricate art of Lisel Ashlock http://www.etsy.com/shop/liseljane

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
It takes a long time to dispatch orders, unless you have a bunch of orders at the same time! I don't have enough room to leave out all my packing/tagging/etc supplies so it takes a while. I don't really build that time into my prices.

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
That there is so much stuff on Etsy, I feel like it's hard to get potential customers to notice you. Once they do find me, I get a lot of repeat customers!

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
The products reflect my modern, often minimalist aesthetic. Many of the baby items are unisex, which reminds me of a more Scandinavian way of dressing children.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Motivated but lazy. My husband thinks I'm disorganized, but then he's never cleaned a bathroom.

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
Music? I'm so out of touch with what's going on in music! My two girls are listening to an album of Australian kids' songs.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
Reading, jogging and crossword puzzles! During holidays, my husband and I torture ourselves by taking our 1 and 3-year-old daughters camping. We also go to England for long periods to visit my husband's family.

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I'm thrilled to appear on the blog!

1 comment:

marissa v. said...

Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...