Introducing Mini-Mocs

Posted Thursday, April 12, 2012



Today We Introduce You To Annie from Mini Mocs

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
Well my business actually started as a joint venture between my sister (who's also my bestfriend) and myself back in 2006. We incorporated that year and decided to do large national baby expo show that were open to the public. We had pretty good success at introducing our Mini-Mocs to the world at these shows but learned quickly we needed something to help sustain us when we weren't doing shows. I decided to build a website for on-line sales and the following year we joined the shops of Etsy.

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
Not much of a story really...I've always loved the barefoot feeling of moccasins and quickly fell in love with designing our soft sole moccasin shoes. They are for little feet...hence the name Mini-Mocs!

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
Too many to choose just one! but I find myself often attracted to art, blown glass, lampwork glass & ceramics shops.

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
How sometimes people seem to find my shop out of thin air.

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
In all honesty I have not yet mastered the Etsy world but the thing I find most troubling is the removal of the promotions forum thread. It has been a long while now since it has been available but it still bothers me. I have found that by doing away with that avenue for shop promotion the Etsy admins have made renewing and relisting and renewing and relisting an absolute must in order to have your shop seen which in turn makes them a boat load more money...don't get me wrong I BELIEVE in being in business to make money but I also believe in "you wash my back I'll wash yours" and Etsy seems to have a REALLY clean back these days! LOL

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Three words best describe my products...QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY! I could make my Mini-Mocs products at a fractions of the cost if I would compromise on the quality of leathers, suedes and materials I used, but my company name is on each of my products and I can confidently stand behind every item I make.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
I had to think about this one...so I cheated and asked my mom! She described me as someone who is willing to take chances. Someone who puts others before themselves and someone who rises above difficult situations and doesn't allow the negativity of others to sway my direction.

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
I listen to a VERY wide variety of music styles while I'm working but mostly music from the 70's & 80's.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
I absolutely love to cook, spend time with family, enjoy the pool & work in my flower gardens...in the winter the yard work and pool gets replaced with a bit of walking on the treadmill and watching movies.

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I'd like to thank you for the invitation to do this interview. I would like to say to all of the EtsyKids Team shop owners stay focused, be true to your vision and support one another when the opportunity presents itself. WE WERE CREATED TO CREATE...SO GO FOR IT!!!

1 comment:

myminimocs said...

Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...