Introducing Things by V

Posted Thursday, April 19, 2012


Today We Introduce You To Vianca from Things By V

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
Well, it was between opening a shop on ETSY or probably be featured in the next episode of Hoarders! When ThingsByV first opened in Aug 2011 it was mostly home decor. I was in the middle of trying many different types of crafts so there was a bit of everything. All my stuff was taking over many parts of the house so I made myself a craft room. Then, every corner of my craft room was full of things. So, my walls, shelves and mantels where all full and now, so was my craft room. Instead of taking over another room, I opened an ETSY shop ;)

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
I have played and made so many different types of things that I thought "Things By V" would be a pretty simple way to explain the randomness when I started my shop. When it first opened you would be able to find from book marks to Vintage window frames. Now, I have been able to bring it in a bit. I focused on Marble Coasters, Burlap Banners and my newest most addicted addition Needle Felted things.

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
Oh I have several! I try to support our ETSY community as much as I can so If I can find it on ETSY I will get it from ETSY! This shop would be my #1 with VERY cute accessories http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoftFullOfGoodies. I can't get enough of this shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/luxely. And I love the rustic primitive feel this shop has http://www.etsy.com/shop/PegandAwl

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
That strangers thought that things that I made and loved were good enough to pay for! I think many of us do think that the things that we make are nice but when someone comes along, that is NOT related to you ;P and pays you their hard earned cash for it, give you a pretty nice sense of pride.

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The most challenging part would be being able to find the time to share/promote my shop to the world! It's a combination of trying to figure out what the best places and types of promotions are and having the time to do those promotions having also a full time job. I do think I'm getting the hang of it though!

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I LOVE nature and I love making things out of natural products. I especially feel very strongly about natural toy, games and play. Natural toys are very basic, non plastic or electronic. The child has to actually use his/hers own imagination to play with them! Sadly, I feel that this is no longer the norm with our children.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
While you always hope that others will see you in a positive light, I think most see me as a very straight forward person. What you see is what you get!

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
Right now I am LOVING Adele! I think she is one of the true singers right now. She will sound as awesome live and on cd. I have many playlists on hand depending on my mood. I think you will find most types of music in those with the exception on heavy metal and punk music. Just was never able to get into that type of music.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
Work some more! ;P when I'm not making creations I'm either spending time with family or working my "day job" I work in education with ELL children (English Language Learners). In the summer time while school is out (means no work! Love working in education!) I volunteer at our local children's theater making set and props.

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I live in a suburb of Chicago called Oswego and I'm married to a pretty cool guy ;) We have 2 boys. Jeremy is 9 and Tim is 13. I have recently entered the parent of a teenager world and I really hope I can come out of this alive! Its like when he turned 13 a switch of attitude and opinions was turned on!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...